Lecture schedule. More...
Applications have to contain:
- application form (please download*)
- personal statement of intent (one page)
- 3 letters of recommendation
- verified copies of transcripts
- verified copies of qualifying degrees
- proof of English competency, e.g. TOEFL (PBT 510/CBT 225/iBT 90) or IELTS (6,5 Pkt.)
* The appplication form is fillable only if opened in a standalone pdf reader. It does not work in browser.
Applications have to be sent per post to:
Institut für Chemie, Stranski-Laboratorium
Technische Universität Berlin
Sekretariat TC 9, Raum 402
Straße des 17. Juni 124
- April 30th for Winter Semesters
- October 31st for Summer Semesters
After these deadlines, applicants may request to be considered for the waiting list or following entry semester.
Expected arrival of accepted students:
- October 1st for Winter Semesters
- April 1st for Summer Semesters
Fees and funding:
- The M.Sc. in Polymer Science Program does not charge for tuition. There is a small semester fee, currently around 300 €, for enrollment and public transportation.
- For visas and resident permits, accepted students must have at least 600 to 700 € per month at their disposal for living costs.
The M.Sc. in Polymer Science Program does not have scholarships or grants.
1st year courses
Winter Semester Courses
|Introduction to Macromolecular Chemistry||FU||V, Ü||40+20||written exam||150||5|
|Advanced Macromolecular Chemistry||FU||V, S||40+20||written exam||150||5|
|Polymer Synthesis and Characterization Laboratory||FU||S, P||1+3||written exam||150||5|
|Polymer Characterization||HU||V, Ü, S, P||2+1+1+45||written exam||300||10|
|Introduction to Polymer Theory||HU||V, Ü||2+1||written exam||150||5|
Summer Semester Courses
|Polymerization Technology||TU||V, Ü, P||4+1+45||written exam||270||9|
|Polymer Processing and Surface Science of Polymers||TU||V, Ü, P||3+1+1||written exam||180||6|
|Functional Polymers and Colloids||UP||V, Ü, P||3+1||written exam||150||5|
|Physical and Technical Application of Polymers||UP||P, S||3+2||practical exam||150||5|
|Colloids and Biopolymers||UP||V, S, P||1+1+3||practical exam||150||5|
FU - Freie Universität Berlin, HU - Humboldt Universität zu Berlin, TU - Technische Universität Berlin, UP - Universität Potsdam
V - Lecture, Ü - Tutorial, P - Practicum/Lab, S - Seminary
SS or SoSe - Sommer Semester, WS or WiSe - Winter Semester, SWS - Hours per Week in Semester, CP - Credit Points